Friday, September 2, 2011

It's BYOC (Bring Your Own Crazy)

From Drazil's Blog it's BYOC...

BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy….5 little questions we ask to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy and paste to your own blog and enjoy!

1. If you have a camera and have the time – take the contents of your purse out – and take a picture of said contents and explain them. If you don’t have time or a camera – please describe the contents of your purse.

Pouch with makeup type stuff (lip gloss, lip stick, concealer, blush, blush brush, tissues, reading glasses, Tic Tacs); Organizer with cash, credit/debit cards, insurance cards, check books, pens, business cards, store perk cards; small journal for notes, directions, etc; cell phone; calendar for 2010-2012; Jenny Craig booklet and menus.

2. Repeat question: I’m going to pick a person not knowing if you have a relationship with this person or if the person even exists and you try to describe the person in 5 words or short sentences.


• Your kindergarten teacher

Kind
Had all of my siblings
Warm
Organized
Almost Retired at the time

3. What’s your favorite guilty pleasure / trashy TV show you like to watch?

Right now that would be Dance Moms (OMG have you seen this train wreck?  Those moms are beyond crazy) and Bachelor Pad (also a train wreck).  Also, I have watched General Hospital, One Life to Live, All My Children and The Young & the Restless since high school.

4. A lot of you told me about your first day of school experiences when I posted about how my 5 year old going to kindergarten wasn’t causing me too much heartache. So now I’m officially asking – tell me about one of your first day of school experiences that sticks out in your mind the most. Who put you on the bus? Did you ride the bus? Did your parents take pics? Did they walk you into school? Drive you there? Cook you breakfast?

I remember walking to school in kindergarten and I made my Mom and little sister walk a block behind me.  My Mom made us breakfast every day through high school.  I walked in elementary school, then rode my bike, then took the bus in middle school but once I hit high school I refused to ride the bus and caught a ride with older neighbors until I got my license.



It's a tradition to take 1st day of school pictures of my kids.  They hate it but they get their picture no matter what.  My now college boy actually appreciated this tradition when he got his scrapbook at his graduation party and had all of them to compare.  I admit to tearing up EVERY year when the kids head off to school.  I want a do over and have them back to when they were little.
Mini me this year (re-post) 


5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in real life and in blog land.

This week has been uneventful.  Other than softball practices and lessons we haven't had anything going on.  College boy is on break and went to visit friends and family in Ohio so the house has been more quiet than usual.


I love blogland.  I have a few more followers and have been showing blog love to those I follow.  Almost everyone is excited for the newness that September brings-back to school, fall on the way, new diet and fitness goals.


I hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend.  Don't forget to comment and link back to your BYOC!

2 comments:

The Fat Mom said...

OMG Dance Moms is a train wreck. I watch it religiously. Usually in private, in the dark, while hubby & kiddos are asleep so there is no evidence. It's so crazy that I can't turn it off. Glad I'm not the only one!

Joanna said...

I've never even heard of Dance Mom's - I think I have to check it out!!