Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Whiny Non-Weigh In Wednesday

I have a standing 8:00 a.m. appointment every Wednesday with my Jenny Craig Consultant.   Today I just couldn't do it though.  I feel like dog poop.  I'm still experiencing the TOM from hell and my Fibro is making me weak and achy.  I didn't 100% follow the plan this week and I didn't dance 4 times for 30 minutes.  In fact, I didn't dance at all unless you count me doing the "I love love love my new Coach purse dance" after I bought it.  My wonderful hubby is picking up my food order after work so I'll have my Jenny food.

I did break my no weighing at home rule and stepped on the scale this morning.  It showed a loss of 1.3 lbs.  Now before I let myself get too excited I need to accept that it is a different scale than my JC nemesis so it might not be accurate.  But if it is, woo wee, next week should be a big loss as long as I stick to the plan and reach my goals.

My goals this week:
  • Eat Jenny meals 3 times per day
  • Eat 1-2 vegetable servings per day depending on meals and volumizing
  • Limit to 1 fruit per day if I'm really hungry at or after breakfast mid-morning snack
  • Do not eat "free foods"
  • Eat my salad with dinner most days (to keep me filled up at night)
  • Limit to 1 "milk" serving per day 
  • Do not go over 1250 calories even if it means cutting out a veggie, fruit or milk serving
  • Do not eat Jenny Craig desserts, instead eat lower calorie and more filling 65 calorie pudding cup, 100 calorie Slim Fast bar, 100 calorie pack cookies or low-fat popcorn depending on my calorie total leading up to the late night snack when my cravings kick in
  • Drown myself in water
  • Exercise a minimum of 4 times for as long as I can stand it (taking Fibro pain into account)
Ok so surely the TOM from hell will ease up and disappear and I can get back on track and do this.  I have no known speed bumps to work around so reaching those goals is doable.

On another note, I am seriously considering the lap band depending on my results with my pal Jenny (Craig).  I've come to the conclusion that if eating a 1200 calorie diet is not working I may need medical intervention due to my health issues.  I'm scared of surgery but am finding comfort in reading the fabulous blogs of the BOOBs gals and how they are working life being banded.  It's definitely not an easy quick fix, in fact it sometimes will suck (like being on a liquid diet after surgery and fills I believe and the actual fills themselves because needles freak me the frick out but I digress).  I must lose this weight, period and I must find a way to do it.  That's where I'm at mentally.  Still hoping Jenny doesn't let me down but realizing that it might be out of "her" hands and a medical intervention is all that will work.

I'd love to hear more opinions from you fabulous BOOBs about your experiences and I'd love support for my continuing journey with Jenny Craig because it's the preferred method of weight loss for me now.  I appreciate all of your comments!

9 comments:

Spoonful of Me said...

I know that the lap band surgery is different for everyone but my best friend had the surgery last June and she has gained all of the weight she lost during pre/post surgery i.e the liquid diet phase, plus 4 more pounds.

She never changed her eating habits and didn't work out.

I am not saying that the lap band won'twork for you but just letting you know you still have to eat properly and exercise for it to work.

Laurie said...

How tall are you? I just looked at your stats and it didn't seem like you are that that overweight. Sure, we are overweight, but is surgery the way you want to go?
I do hope you feel better.

Anna said...

Research, research research! And go to a seminar! Even though they are *technically* trying to sell you on the band, the seminar I went to was VERY good about telling you about the risks and complications and what the whole thing entails.

Hang on to Jenny, though! You're paying for the food and the program, so you should be getting your money's worth!!! :)

Rachel Schofield - Virtual Interior Decorator & Home Stager said...

(Blogger must be hungry this morning because it just ate my comment! ARGH!)

What I saying was...It might not be the amount of calories you are eating, but where they are coming from. Maybe the Jenny food is too processed for you. I used to have a hell of a time losing weight when I ate rice, bread, pasta, potatoes and diet soda. Even though I was eating a small amount of calories I would STILL GAIN. Then I cut those things out and added more protein. Finally, I was able to lose over 43lbs (and counting)! It's something to consider. :)

Katelyn said...

I agree with Mrs. B. Go to one of the seminars! Get yourself a physical AND a stress test (All required for lapband surgery). Also a lot of people are required to lose a good portion of weight before surgery to be considered a canidate!

Keep up the good work, you are setting good goals! You can do this! Find what's best for you!

Cece said...

I so new to the band but I must say it was a great decision for me.

Bring Pretty Back said...

Girl, Just keep going. Keep moving forward.
You don't give yourself enough credit. I am so proud of you.
Hugs and have a PRETTY day!
Kristin

Fiona said...

Wow. It seems like you are working very, very hard to lose the weight. I wish you all the best and hope you find a method that works for you so that you can be as healthy as possible.

Carina said...

New to your blog via FMM and just saw that your exercise plan is dancing several times a week -- what an awesome and fun idea! Love it!